Up & Running Sports Therapy Clinic (Member of Society of Sports Therapist)
Welcome to Up & Running Sports Therapy Clinic, established by Shawnika Sergeant BSc Hons MSST in November 2012 after Graduating from University of Gloucestershire. Up & Running Clinic is based in Bristol, also able to provide a mobile service to clubs, teams and individual clients. Shawnika is currently working with Taunton Town Football Club (first team).
What is a Sports Therapist?
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide first aid and attend to injuries in a recreational, training and competitive environment.
- Has the knowledge and ability to assess and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide sports massage pre and post activity.
- Has the knowledge and ability to implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes.
- Has the knowledge to utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes.
Why choose a Sports Therapist?
- Have reached a minimum benchmark level of knowledge and are eligible for membership status.
- Are eligible for Professional Liability Insurance.
- Are required to undertake an annual programme of mandatory Continued Professional Development (CPD) in order to maintain their right for re-registration.
- Hold a current and valid first aid qualification as a mandatory pre-requisite for membership.
- Are governed by standards of conduct and disciplinary procedures that are transparent and serve to protect not only the member but also the public with whom they come in contact.
- Are a member of an organisation that strives to increase the levels of care provided for sports and recreational participants, regardless of age, level and ability.
- Are members of a professional body that is working with the HPC for the regulation and registration of the profession of Sports Therapy.